Site Announcements were last week and I found out that my home for the next two years will be a small town called Teliu located 25km east (and a little north) of Braşov. The information I have received says that Teliu has a population of around 3,850—Romanian, Hungarian, and Rroma. It's in the Carpathian Mountains (cold!) and there is a snail factory. Just keep in mind that not all of you can stay at my apartment for Ziua Melcului (snail day). So you may want to RSVP early. I am leaving for a site visit on Monday. Here are some links for more information:
Teliu, Romania Wiki
Primaria Teliu
Teliu, Braşov County
Braşov Wiki
Braşov
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I suggest the following link as a wonderful font of information regarding the snail farm: http://www.escarprod.ro/
ReplyDeleteThey are organic, free range snails...not just your run of the mill escargot.
Fancy!